Thursday, August 18, 2011

Preparation for Hari Raya

    Hari Raya was just around the corner. All the Muslims are eager to celebrate it especially children. It is a tradition, when Raya comes, me and my family gathered together at my parents house in Alor Gajah. It is different with the other family, my mom did not prepare the cookies for Hari Raya. It is because my mother make 'Kuih Denderam' for sale. She took orders from the relatives and usually they ordered about 400-500 pieces of it. My mom had no time to prepare those cookies and she just buy it at the expo or market. 

   While my mother was preparing for the sale, my sister and I will arrange the house together. We will put on new curtain, mop the floor and other stuff like buying new flower for decoration in our house. I have two sisters, every year, my sister, Ana Salwa, will take the cleaning duties while Ana Suriati will take the cooking duties. She is absolutely good in cooking. Every Raya, she will cooks Laksa, chicken rice and curry mee. 

    At night, my brothers will light up the 'pelita' around the our yard. Then we play the fireworks together, singing raya songs and many excitement moment. As usual, my duty is taking care of my niece and nephew. It is hard to describe how hard to take care of about 10 children at the same time. They are naughty and cute. My mom and sisters will cook 'rendang', 'kuah kacang' and 'nasi impit' together. Wow it is delicious! I can't wait for raya anymore, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment