Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Childhood memories of Ramadhan

     Ramadhan is the month that every Muslims have to fast. But I am not going to tell you about the fasting activity but I am going to tell you about the incident happen in Ramadhan when I was 5 years old.

    The evening was perfect, Raya is just around the corner. My family was preparing for Hari Raya celebrations, painting and put on the curtains. I went out playing with my neighbor at his house. That boy, Iwan, was playing fishing  rod. He took the thread, bunch it to the bicycle stand and make it look like a fishing rod. Then, he took a screw to make it like the bait for the fish. Guess what? We were fishing at the dried drain! We enjoyed waiting until one time, the bait blocked by something.

   Then, we both tried to pull the rod hardly and then...

   "Ouch!", I yelled.
   "What happen?", Iwan asked me.
   "I think something hit me head".

Then I rub my head. Iwan was stunning. He looked like just seeing a ghost. I asked him how about my head and he just look at me and freezing.

    The screw we take as the bait has a blue liquid on top of it. I thought the blue liquid on my hair but when I see my hand, oh my! My hand was bleeding. I scream as loud as I could. Actually it is not the painful, but the blood make me scared.

    I ran to my house and my mom was surprised to see me like that. She then grab me and mumbled me all the way to the hospital. My hair was drying with blood and I was so scared to death! At the hospital, the doctor asked my mother whether sew it or not. But when he start cleaning the cuts, he could not find the real cuts then it is actually a small wound that don't have to be sew. Thank God I am safe.

    On the next day, I was not allowed to go out for a week or I can say I was grounded. Later, I swear to my self that I would never touch any stand with thread and screw anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment